Archive for October 8th, 2013

Fire Prevention Week brings safety tips – Durham Herald Sun

Fire Prevention Week brings safety tips – Durham Herald Sun Fire Prevention Week brings safety tipsDurham Herald SunMicrowaves heat and burn. Food being microwaved requires careful handling. Reid also urged Durham residents to have at least one working smoke detector at home. They're available free at any Durham fire station. State Fire Marshal Wayne Goodwin […]

Metal cookware: Evaluating the choices – Columbus Telegram

Metal cookware: Evaluating the choices – Columbus Telegram Metal cookware: Evaluating the choicesColumbus TelegramTo remove burned food, cover with water and simmer over low heat and scrape with a wooden spoon until the particles loosen. Stainless steel cookware is extremely durable. It is scratch resistant and won't corrode or tarnish permanently. It does not … […]

Sleeping man rescued amid kitchen fire at Oak Hill Apts. – DavidsonNews.net (blog)

Sleeping man rescued amid kitchen fire at Oak Hill Apts. – DavidsonNews.net (blog) Sleeping man rescued amid kitchen fire at Oak Hill Apts.DavidsonNews.net (blog)24, Davidson Firefighters responded to a structure fire on Beaty Street at the Oak Hill Apartments where they rescued a sleeping resident from a smoke-filled apartment caused by burned food on the […]

The Messy-Kitchen, Parking-Spot War – New York Times

The Messy-Kitchen, Parking-Spot War – New York Times The Messy-Kitchen, Parking-Spot WarNew York TimesThe kitchen floor would be sticky, the stovetop spattered with oil and the oven bottom crusty with burned food. When I asked if the boyfriend might help out a little by doing dishes or taking out the compost, my daughter said, “He's […]

Crews clear smoke from St. Gregory Suites – Topeka Capital Journal

Crews clear smoke from St. Gregory Suites – Topeka Capital Journal Crews clear smoke from St. Gregory SuitesTopeka Capital JournalCrews were sent at 5 a.m. to the St. Gregory Suites, 635 S.W. Harrison, on an automatic fire alarm. First-arriving crews found light smoke on the second floor. Authorities said the smoke came from burned food […]

Police log, September 18, 2013 – Coos Bay World

Police log, September 18, 2013 – Coos Bay World Police log, September 18, 2013Coos Bay WorldEverything seemed secure. Sept. 15, 9:07 p.m., fire, 600 block of Ranch Road, Reedsport. Douglas County 911 Communications reported a 90-year-old woman says her room is full of smoke. Police and fire responded. It was burned food in the microwave. […]

Fire call is at Lakeview Tower – Madison Daily Leader

Fire call is at Lakeview Tower – Madison Daily Leader Fire call is at Lakeview TowerMadison Daily LeaderFire Chief Randy Minnaert reported that firefighters responded to the call that came in at 8:48 p.m. and went to the high-rise building at 111 S. Washington Ave. On the eighth floor, they found that the smoke had […]

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!