Archive for November, 2012

John Smith column 10/27/12: Recallling a saint who lived to serve others – Reading Eagle

John Smith column 10/27/12: Recallling a saint who lived to serve othersReading EagleBut it turned out to be only burned food in a room in nearby Founders Hall. Nancy, who is based in Adrian, Mich., displayed all the energy of Bill in "Ghostbusters," bounding into the audience to lay her hands on heads, borrow a […]

Fireproofing the Thanksgiving Holiday – DigitalJournal.com (press release)

Fireproofing the Thanksgiving HolidayDigitalJournal.com (press release)Two things can be attributed to carelessness in the kitchen—burned food and danger. Many kitchen fires and injuries occur because food is left unattended. It doesn't take long for a fire to get out of hand, so never leave the kitchen while frying … and more »

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 2 – Auburn Reporter

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 2Auburn ReporterFirefighters checking out a report of smoke inside a home and determining that a resident had burned food on the kitchen stove opened the windows to let the smoke exit the natural way. Oct. 28. Explosion: 11:34 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding … and more »

Calls in Mooresville, Cornelius draw firefighters; Fill the Boot Sat. – DavidsonNews.net (blog)

Calls in Mooresville, Cornelius draw firefighters; Fill the Boot Sat.DavidsonNews.net (blog)SATURDAY, OCT. 13, 2:49 p.m., 406 Ridge Road, Davidson College Apartments – Engine 1 and Rescue 14 investigated a fire alarm activation and found that burned food on a kitchen stove had triggered a smoked detector. Firefighters quickly reset the alarm …

Police Log – The Justice

Police LogThe JusticeOct. 8—A smoke alarm in Sherman Dining Hall was activated by burned food. There was no fire, and an electrician was contacted to reset the alarm. Oct. 11—A party in Village A reported a white male with dark hair wearing jeans and a dark colored …

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!