Archive for November 10th, 2012

Jamestown Fire Department calls – Jamestown Sun

Jamestown Fire Department callsJamestown SunCause: burned food. Time out: 30 minutes. Oct. 25: 5:44 p.m., ready squad responded to an alarm activation at 2511 Circle Drive (16 West, NDSH). Firefighters checked building; no smoke or fire. Cause: testing of system. Time out: 30 minutes. Oct. 27: 6 …

Fire calls published Friday, Nov. 2, 2012. – Mason City Globe Gazette

Fire calls published Friday, Nov. 2, 2012.Mason City Globe GazetteAt 5:08 p.m. Monday — firefighters were called to the 00 block of Third Street Northwest for a smoke detector activation due to burned food. At 5:20 p.m. Monday — firefighters were called to the 100 block of Second Street Southeast for a smoke …

Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One call review – Kitsap Sun

Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One call reviewKitsap SunOct. 24: Burned food on the stove activated a smoke alarm system on Fox Island. The homeowners were out of town, and the relative in the home did not know how to deactivate the alarm in the control panel. Eventually the alarm was reset after calling …

Small fire extinguished – AberdeenNews.com

Small fire extinguishedAberdeenNews.comThe fire, which happened at about 6 p.m., was caused by burned food in the oven of an apartment on the first floor of the building, said Randy Meister, battalion chief of Aberdeen Fire and Rescue. There was minor soot damage to the apartment, but no …

Fire Blotter: Drunk, High Woman Falls Out of Second-Story Window – Patch.com

Fire Blotter: Drunk, High Woman Falls Out of Second-Story WindowPatch.comFire crews arrived and found a smoke detector activated because a resident had accidentally burned food. Fire personnel utilized a thermal imaging camera to ensure the cooking fire was confined to the container and removed the smoke from the structure.

John Smith column 10/27/12: Recallling a saint who lived to serve others – Reading Eagle

John Smith column 10/27/12: Recallling a saint who lived to serve othersReading EagleBut it turned out to be only burned food in a room in nearby Founders Hall. Nancy, who is based in Adrian, Mich., displayed all the energy of Bill in "Ghostbusters," bounding into the audience to lay her hands on heads, borrow a […]

Fireproofing the Thanksgiving Holiday – DigitalJournal.com (press release)

Fireproofing the Thanksgiving HolidayDigitalJournal.com (press release)Two things can be attributed to carelessness in the kitchen—burned food and danger. Many kitchen fires and injuries occur because food is left unattended. It doesn't take long for a fire to get out of hand, so never leave the kitchen while frying … and more »

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 2 – Auburn Reporter

VRFA fire and rescue blotter | Nov. 2Auburn ReporterFirefighters checking out a report of smoke inside a home and determining that a resident had burned food on the kitchen stove opened the windows to let the smoke exit the natural way. Oct. 28. Explosion: 11:34 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding … and more »

Calls in Mooresville, Cornelius draw firefighters; Fill the Boot Sat. – DavidsonNews.net (blog)

Calls in Mooresville, Cornelius draw firefighters; Fill the Boot Sat.DavidsonNews.net (blog)SATURDAY, OCT. 13, 2:49 p.m., 406 Ridge Road, Davidson College Apartments – Engine 1 and Rescue 14 investigated a fire alarm activation and found that burned food on a kitchen stove had triggered a smoked detector. Firefighters quickly reset the alarm …

Police Log – The Justice

Police LogThe JusticeOct. 8—A smoke alarm in Sherman Dining Hall was activated by burned food. There was no fire, and an electrician was contacted to reset the alarm. Oct. 11—A party in Village A reported a white male with dark hair wearing jeans and a dark colored …

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!