RIVERSIDE: Woman suffers smoke inhalation from burning foodPress-EnterpriseFirefighters discovered that the home was locked, and they noticed the odor of burned food, said Battalion Chief Mike Koury. To get inside, the crew dislodged a window-mounted air conditioner – and saw a 61-year-old woman standing inside.
Archive for April, 2012
Dining Out Review: Carytown's BlowToad will find its rhythmRichmond Times DispatchBurned food means recooking. Recooking means more time. And more time means customers are more likely to blame servers. (I've waited tables. Trust me, servers get blamed for everything). When a group of girlfriends and I visited on a recent weeknight, …
Firemen sound smoke logging warning after Dumfries flat fireDumfries and Galloway StandardThe men, both in their sixties, had burned food which set off an alarm in their sheltered accommodation in Dumfries in the early hours of Friday. But, instead of evacuating their Shakespeare Street home, they remained despite being surrounded by … and more »
Firefighters respond to unattended stoveKXRO NewsradioThe cause of the smoke was determined to be from burned food due to unattended cooking. The apartment suffered minor smoke damage. No injuries were reported. Battalion Chief Tom Hubbard reminds residents that the leading cause of fires in the kitchen … and more »
Wireless Sensor Syncs A Hot Pot With An Induction CooktopGizmodoIf you don't stare at your stove, you can easily burn food to a crisp. A new induction cooktop adds greater control to the operation with preset cooking modes and a wireless sensor that monitors the cookware's temperature. and more »
WesternU Dean to Publish Alzheimer's ResearchMarketWatch (press release)We take in oxygen to burn food in order to produce energy, which is used by cells. But in the process we leak oxygen free radicals. Cells have developed a strong defense mechanism to prevent the accumulation of these reactive oxygen species because … and more »
Maple Grove Fire Blotter: Grass Fires, Downed Power LinePatch.comIt was later determined a tenant had burned food which triggered the alarm. There were also three unauthorized burning incidents, eight calls resulting from false or malfunctioning alarm and one report of a suspicious smoke smell. and more »
FIRE LOG: MFD Responds to Accident With BusPatch.comThis was traced to burned food in a microwave. No problem was found with the microwave. 2:57 pm: Station 1 and 2 were dispatched to Collins Avenue for smoke coming from a neighbors shed. Engine 1, Engine 2, Ladder 1 and C1 responded.
Speaker recounts horrors of genocideWilmington News Journal, OHGovernment-backed militias known as the janjaweed, loosely translated as “devil on horseback,” have destroyed villages, burned food supplies and contaminated water sources. Thousands of Darfuri civilians have been murdered, tortured and raped. and more »
A News Cafe Proper Weight ManagementA News CafeThe ability to burn food efficiently into energy instead of fat depends upon hundreds of enzymes which, in turn, depend upon vitamins and minerals. We cannot nourish our body unless the food is prepared for absorption. Enzymes break down large food …
Campus Safety Log: Jan. 9 – April 4The Knox StudentADT advised of a fire alarm due to burned food. The alarm was reset. The matter was referred to the Office of Student Development. 12:15 am NOISE COMPLAINT, 218 S. Cedar. Officers received a noise complaint. The area was checked and no problems were …
Induction – 10 years onCaterer and Hotelkeeper"The only time you are using energy is when a pan is on the hob, so in the long term you save energy. Gas stoves or ranges can be left on for longer periods of time, which wastes energy. Induction is also safer – it's difficult to burn food […]