Archive for March, 2012

Fire calls published March 31, 2012 – Mason City Globe Gazette

Fire calls published March 31, 2012Mason City Globe GazetteAt 5:27 pm Tuesday — firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation in the 1400 block of Birch Drive; burned food triggered the alarm; the department reset it. At 11:30 am Wednesday — firefighters responded to an smoke detector activation in …

Highlights from the Middleton Police Log Week of March 19 – Wicked Local

Highlights from the Middleton Police Log Week of March 19Wicked Local9:21 am Burned food triggered fire alarm on Bellingham Court. 1:20 pm Operator of a speeding vehicle attempted to evade police on Essex Street. 2:24 pm Suspicious vehicle on Webb Street was Town of Danvers Water Dept. 3:27 pm Dirt bikes disturbing the …

US Customs and Border Protection acts as protective screen – USA TODAY

US Customs and Border Protection acts as protective screenUSA TODAYThese two incinerators at Dulles International Airport are used to burn food and agricultural items confiscated by US Customs. A US Customs agent holds a Russian sausage found in luggage from an Aeroflot flight at Dulles International Airport. and more »

Top 5 Barcode scanner apps for Android – Phones Review

Phones Review Top 5 Barcode scanner apps for AndroidPhones ReviewThe RedLaser Barcode & QR Scanner app for Android features a keyword search functionality, image search functionality, nutrition info supplied by Daily Burn, food allergy info from Food Essentials, and the ability to create QR codes from a URL, … and more »

How about a messy cooking show? – Albert Lea Tribune

How about a messy cooking show?Albert Lea TribuneThis show would also feature burned food, messy floors and oops moments, a lot of oops moments. I am not a neat, neat person. My house is a little messy. I did not grow up in an “everything in its place” household. So I am comfortable if there […]

No, The Hunger Games Is Not the Next Twilight – The Portland Mercury (blog)

No, The Hunger Games Is Not the Next TwilightThe Portland Mercury (blog)It has the highest flash/smoke point of any other cooking oil—meaning it's pretty darn hard to burn food in this stuff. 2. It's a beautiful green color, like really good olive oil. 3. It's super healthy—good fat and all that— and tastes AMAZING.

In Which We Hit It and Quit It – The Portland Mercury (blog)

In Which We Hit It and Quit ItThe Portland Mercury (blog)It has the highest flash/smoke point of any other cooking oil—meaning it's pretty darn hard to burn food in this stuff. 2. It's a beautiful green color, like really good olive oil. 3. It's super healthy—good fat and all that— and tastes AMAZING.

Gear: Ceramic nonstick cookware – STLtoday.com

Gear: Ceramic nonstick cookwareSTLtoday.comThe surface works best with a few drops of oil sprayed or a thin film applied with a brush. Water-based liquids can lubricate the surface as efficiently as oil. The surface held its integrity when food was accidentally burned black. Burned food washed …

Things you learn being a mom – Hartselle Enquirer

Things you learn being a momHartselle EnquirerThey can burn food if it is left in there for too long…way too long. My brother taught us this one. In an attempt to make himself lunch, he accidentally put a hot dog in the microwave for 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Mom and Dad had to […]

Fire calls published March 12, 2012. – Mason City Globe Gazette

Fire calls published March 12, 2012.Mason City Globe GazetteAt 9:30 am Saturday — firefighters responded to smoke detector at The Manor, 4 Third St. NW; no fire; detector triggered by burned food in an apartment. At 9:50 pm Saturday — firefighters assisted at the scene of a motor vehicle accident in the 00 …

Let your reps know it’s time to address gas prices – Marietta Times

Let your reps know it's time to address gas pricesMarietta TimesTo stop the oil transport line from Alaska and Canada or to keep studying other fuel systems that burn food products is absolutely ludicrous while we let known underground oil reserves remain untapped. It is not only the increase in costs to drive to …

Burned Microwave Food Leads to Evacuation at Forest Ridge Elementary – WTAW

Burned Microwave Food Leads to Evacuation at Forest Ridge ElementaryWTAWGlenewinkel says the alarms were triggered by smoke from burned food in a microwave located near the kindergarten wing of the school. Glenewinkel says there was no fire damage. The only inconvenience were removing the smoke and a little smell.

Fire forces elderly residents from Fort Worth complex – 33 KDAF-TV

Fire forces elderly residents from Fort Worth complex33 KDAF-TVOfficials say burned food is to blame for a fire at an apartment complex for senior citizens on the west side of Fort Worth. Firefighters arrived at the Normandale Place complex in the 8700 block of South Normandale Street at 12:30 am Thursday, … and more »

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!