Archive for October 24th, 2011

First glimpse of Chilliwack city council candidates – Chilliwack Times

First glimpse of Chilliwack city council candidatesChilliwack TimesAfter first trying to contact the tenant of the unit in which the alarm was sounding, residents called the fire department. They entered the townhouse, woke the tenant and removed a pot of burned food from a stove.

Corn Mafia Henchmen Cargill Blame The Government For Rising Food Prices – Jr Deputy Accountant

Corn Mafia Henchmen Cargill Blame The Government For Rising Food PricesJr Deputy AccountantThe real reason food prices are so high is that A) there are more people to feed on this planet than this planet was ever built to feed, B) we burn food in our cars and C) those money-printing maniacs at the Federal […]

Putting a lid on fire hazards – The Barrie Examiner

Putting a lid on fire hazardsThe Barrie ExaminerMany times they'll go to a fire and find that the homes or tenants don't have working fire alarms, simply because they've grown tired of the ringing when they burn food and have disconnected it. "But we forget to plug the battery back in and even one … […]

Locals celebrate a traditional style of cooking at their neighborhood Dutch … – Lodi News-Sentinel

Locals celebrate a traditional style of cooking at their neighborhood Dutch …Lodi News-SentinelThey've made blackberry cobbler, cornbread, pineapple upside down cake, brownies, stews and casseroles. They agree a perk of the Dutch oven is its near inability to burn food, because the cast metal absorbs, retains and distributes heat evenly. …

What is your "sleep" number? – The Virginian-Pilot

The Virginian-Pilot What is your "sleep" number?The Virginian-PilotWhen we consume “crash and burn” food, we stand a more likely chance to suffer the consequences from our consumption within a short period of time. Take for example simple carbohydrates. The molecule structure of a simple carb simply means this: It …

Frat house fog machine triggers campus smoke alarm – DavidsonNews.net

Frat house fog machine triggers campus smoke alarmDavidsonNews.netFirefighters responded to several calls on the Davidson College campus this week, including a smoke alarm triggered by a fog machine inside a fraternity house, burned food in dormitories and other Greek houses. Engine 1 stayed busy this week, …

Burned food blamed for fire – Wisconsin Rapids Tribune

Burned food blamed for fireWisconsin Rapids TribuneBurned food on a stove was the cause of a small fire Monday morning at a home on Wausau's east side, according to the Wausau Fire Department. The department responded to a 911 call at about 10:50 am, after a woman ran from a home at 707 Scott St. […]

Firefighters rescue woman from smoke-filled apartment – Brainerd Daily Dispatch

Firefighters rescue woman from smoke-filled apartmentBrainerd Daily Dispatch“There could have been a huge issue there” had firefighters not entered the apartment when they did, Stunek said. The cause of the smoke was burned food on the stove, Stunek said. There was no other damage and firefighters ventilated the apartment. … and more »

Fire & EMS Log: October 12, 2011 – Patch.com

Fire & EMS Log: October 12, 2011Patch.comThe cause of the alarm was determined to be from burned food. Units cleared the scene shortly after. On Monday, October 10 around 9:48 am in-town fire units were dispatched to the Holiday Inn for a box alarm activation with a report of occupants … and more »

Police Log: Wrong-Way Driver, Intoxicated Men – Patch.com

Police Log: Wrong-Way Driver, Intoxicated MenPatch.comFirefighters determined the cause was burned food. 12:21 pm: A caller told police a person on North Terrace was running a diesel vehicle for several hours, creating fumes. Police spoke to the diesel truck operator. 12:36 pm: Police received a call from … and more »

AFD Fire Wire – Alameda Sun

AFD Fire WireAlameda SunThey knocked on the door and spoke with the resident who said that he burned food and caused smoke detector to go off. Firefighters inspected the stove and confirmed that there wasn'ta fire. They ventilated the unit and reset the complex alarm system. …

Ivorians come home to rebuild their lives – BBC News

BBC News Ivorians come home to rebuild their livesBBC NewsEvery house is damaged in some way, all the metal sheeting has vanished, thatched homes have been burned, food stores and every other possession looted. The forest undergrowth here has already reclaimed the primary school. It is the rainy season but …

Police investigate arson at Chilliwack school playground – Chilliwack Times

Police investigate arson at Chilliwack school playgroundChilliwack TimesAfter first trying to contact the tenant of the unit in which the alarm was sounding, residents called the fire department. They entered the townhouse, woke the tenant and removed a pot of burned food from a stove.

Fire Marshall Talks Tips for Fire Prevention Awareness – WJON News

Fire Marshall Talks Tips for Fire Prevention AwarenessWJON NewsHe says it vitally important to not only change the batteries in your smoke detector, but to leave them in and not take them out for children's toys or because of burned food. He says smoke detectors save lives. and more »

Woman faking labor pains gets herself into more trouble: Westlake Police Blotter – Sun Star Courier (blog)

Sun Star Courier (blog) Woman faking labor pains gets herself into more trouble: Westlake Police BlotterSun Star Courier (blog)Officers found that the woman was very intoxicated and had burned food on the stove. According to reports, the woman argued with police. She was later arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. DISORDERLY CONDUCT, INTERSTATE 90: A […]

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!